Saturday 10 October 2015

Secrets

Secrets


And the church says
Such a blessed man
Such forcefulness
Filled with the spirit
Fearless
Saintly
Mannersable and charming
Passionate
Aflame with the word
An inspiration
Discerning …

Father I have sinned
I have shepherded your flock through the pastures
Guided them with your instructions
Chastised in your name
Led by example
Your will is my will lord
You knew me from small
You know my heart
My life you know it all
I live to serve my lord
You know this
But lord how keenly I feel the pull of the abyss
Save me lord from the blaze of damnation
I have cavorted with darkness lord
A slave to fornication
I am on my knees lord to you I pray
My flesh was too weak
Upon the flock I prey
No different from ye old dragon or the wolf
my tongue I gave no rein as it honeyed out untruth
I am ashamed my lord
The devils laugh within my head
Mocking me persistently as I lay wrapped up in her bed


And the church says
If you ain’t have nothing good to say
Then don’t say anyting a’tall
She look good doh
Tek you eye off she and keep it on the lord
Well the good lord did come for the sinners not for the saved
What a way to make a living
Hmm hhhhmmm
What you say?
Nothing dear

Father I have sinned
I try to be good father
But I am not
I am lost
And in trying to find self
I’ve sold everything I had including myself
And I’m good at it
Too good
Now I sell people
Two minutes
Half an hour
An hour at a time at your leisure
I provide pleasure
I am a flesh peddler
My wares are always fresh
I am shunned by day
Yet pursued by night
Taken with coin
Or ….
Taken by fight
I am not good
But I am good at what I do
Father please save me
For within me grows the life of your shepherd’s baby
Compassion made him aware of my plight
He sought to guide me to redemption
But it seems our shadows were too much alike
We gave in to temptation
Now I am dying father
This poison eating me
Is this the sum of my iniquity?
Well then father, if it is your will
I’ll bear every stripe
I shall drink every drop from the bitter cup
I’ll bear this cross to the grave with a smile
But dear father in whose name I pray
Please lord
Spare my child.

And the church says
Boy that Pastor is a good man
He take that child and raise him like his own
God bless him
Such an upright man
That child should be grateful
Is a good looking child
Very soft spoken
Just like pastor, eh
His mother was such a ting
What she die from, AIDS?
No Cancer
God rest her soul
Indeed
So her den of sin close down
No under new management
Another Madamme?
No a Monsieur
A soft spoken Monsieur who dresses all in white with a big cross around his neck and a hat
(sign of the cross) hmph
Pastor need to look into that
God bless him

Glen Toussaint©2015


No comments:

Post a Comment