Wednesday 4 March 2015

Encounter


We met in the club
Neon lights, weed, sweat and smoke
Alcohol in my bloodstream pulsing through my eyesight
The bassline set the rhythm we didn’t need to talk
I grabbed her waist
She pressed back on me
We grinding,
Bumping,
Breathing
My mind was drifting
We rocking
We caressing
Too close
Too hot
Next to the speakers we lost in the moment
And the next moment
And the next moment
And the next moment
And the moment after that

I heard her then
Let’s go
British accent
Mother land body
My vision is blurry
Gripping hands in a hurry
We made our way

The jam continued
In her home
In her foyer
In her living room
In her kitchen
In her bathroom
In her bed
In her satin sheets
Switching positions like gears
Dream catcher legs twist
Smooth like silk and chocolate
Slinks closer like a premonition of a hangover
She bends over
Jiggle her British Afro-Caribbean booty
Begging to be dealt with
She mad wild
Taking totes in the half light
Bob Marley and Mos Def easing out the stereo
Really though
She urging me on
I didn’t need it
She wanted me to abuse her
Like i was a user

A door slammed
Fuck
A man’s voice
I dashed in the bathroom
Footsteps
She laying cool
Silence
Smell of weed and sex
Voices
Soft voices
Soft Tones
Gun shots
Once twice thrice

Silence
Breathing
Footsteps
Door closes

Silence

Glen Toussaint©2015



No comments:

Post a Comment